Arqus universities invite all the interested persons to continue the discussion on inclusive universities for children. In spring we had the opportunity to hear the practices of three universities offering children to awaken their joy of knowing science and culture. Also, the participants of an online webinar talked about the contribution of the university to inclusive regional growth.
This time good practices will be shared by five Arqus universities on the following topics:
- Climate Solidarities. A Proposal for an Arqus Children's Universities Online Project. Dominik Becher, Leipzig University.
- Estalmat-Andalucía. A Project for Promoting the Mathematical Talent. Rafael Ramírez and Miguel Luis Rodríguez, University of Granada.
- Volunteering Project "Guiding Star". Simona Aleksynaitė and Simona Šalčiūnaitė, Vilnius University.
- The educational offer of CAM for children before and after COVID-19 pandemic. Nicola Carrara, University Center for Museums (CAM) of the University of Padua.
- Music as a Resource to Promote Children and Young People's Participation in Society. Viggo Krüger, University of Bergen.
- Annual Children's Conference at the University. Bente Oddveig Krossøy, University of Bergen.
The moderator will be Luisa Delgado, from the University of Granada.
Connect on 17th November at 10 am CET through this link.
This activity is organized within Action Line 2, Widening Access, Inclusion and Diversity, led by the University of Padua, with the following objectives:
- Increasing inclusion (widening access and diversity) within universities.
- Increasing the awareness of the local and regional environment about different forms of disparity, under-represented groups, diversity and inclusion.
- Influencing inclusive policies on a regional and national level.